Located just outside of the Bellingham, Washington city limits, the Deer Creek Water Association provides safe and reliable potable water to our members located in Whatcom County, Washington.
Our service area is located north of the Bellingham, Washington city limits, south of the city of Lynden, and a few miles on each side of the Guide Meridian.
Thanks for visiting and we look forward to serving you.
On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 6:30p.m., we will hold our annual meeting at the Laurel Grange Hall.
During this meeting, we will elect 3 Board members, discuss the budget, and report to you events from the past year. We hope that you are able to attend and participate in your water association. The Laurel Grange Hall is located at 6172 Guide Meridian (next to BelleWood Acres).
Annual Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order and Proof of Quorum – 6:30p.m.
- Proof of Notice of Meeting
- Reading and Approval of 2013 Meeting Minutes — please click HERE.
- Unfinished Business (none to report)
- Reports from Officers or Committees
- Appointment of new Director
- Year-to-Date Expenses and Income vs. Budget
- 2015 Adopted Budget
- Reserve Accounts (now invested longer-term)
- New Administrative Forms (Developer Extension Agreement, Easement form, Lien form & Water Details)
- Telemetry System Update
- New Leak Policy — please click HERE.
- New Valves along Smith Road
- Obtaining water service in the Guide South system
- Election of 3 Directors
- New Business
- Audit of 2013 Financial Records
- System Improvements
- Electronic Controls
- System Build-out discussions
- Current Bylaws — please click HERE.
- Date & Time of future Annual Meetings
- Discussion about our quorum requirement
Effective April 15, 2013, our mailing address has changed. Please mail your correspondence and payments to:
PO Box 30230
Bellingham, WA 98228
- In September, we completed review of our developer extension agreement and standard easement form, but are still working on the review of our standard details and specifications. We anticipate these last two items to take a couple months. If you are planning to develop your property and need more details about this process and its affect upon you, please contact our Business Manager, Douglas Wittinger at 360.820.4314.
- We also have new standards for the water service line. Please contact us if you are installing or replacing the service line between the water meter and house.
- To review the Water Quality Report for 2013, please click HERE. (1.0MB PDF file)
- For residents who live along Kline Road, Larson Road, King Mountain Road and along Guide Meridian - south of Smith Road; to review the Water Quality Report for 2013, please click HERE. (0.5 MB PDF file)
- To review the Water Use Efficiency Report for 2013, please click HERE.